View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 12:11 PM
jcantor jcantor is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 248
Bought the EZ-Out

Thanks for all the suggestions. I actually did try the vacuum hose route but by that time I had put too much Liquid Wrench into the pin. So I ran out and got an EZ-Out set, which I really should have had all along, and the pin was out within 10 minutes of returning home with the tool.

I'm now done with the timing chain related stuff and have moved onto doing the valve stem seals. Three cylinders done before quiting last night. The only problem I've had on this part of the project is that I didn't get one piston to TDC. This meant that when I attached the compressed air, the engine spun backwards...unfortunately I had also left the wrench on the crank and this swung around and ripped off one of the tranny cooler lines. Needless-to-say the garage was a very colorful place for a moment That's also why I stopped at that point.


'87 560SEL 267K (177K on motor) Blue/Blue
'98 Buick LeSebre 60K (wife's car)
'56 Imperial Sedan 124K
Past Cars:
'67 Dodge Monaco 130K (Sold)
'87 Chrysler 5th Ave 245K and going strong (sold)
'73 Plymouth Satillite 175K (sold)
'96 Chrysler LHS 80K (totaled)
Reply With Quote