View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 AM

No maintenance history. But looking at the condition of the seats/ body 157k is credible IMO. Owner is not a car guy and says he has a local garage change the oil once a year but kept no receipts. He says the AC was working last year. The oil leak concerns me if it is not from the valve cover. I may go back, clean the oil and see if I can find the source of the leak. Also the high oil level on the dipstick is another concern. I want to make sure it is not fuel dilution. The oil was not runny on the dipstick so it looks like it was just over filled. I will smell it and see if there's diesel smell in the oil. Any other test I can do to rule out fuel dilution in oil?

It started and idled perfectly from cold, no smoke. When I floored it (after it warmed up) got a little bit of black smoke. The plastic oil fill cap was rock steady indicating no blow by. Should I do a compression test?

What's the book value? I'd love to be able to get it for $2k. What are other things I should check when I go back?