View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialDelivery View Post
From the way you describe the cable restricting your throttle movement when set as the FMS says, makes me wonder about the linkage lengths, would be worth checking them over

when you unsnap the ball and pull on the cable by hand, can you feel slight tension against the end,,,,,it's supposed to be pulling a lever that presses a plunger

I have same rapid upshift symptom, regardless of cable adjustment so it seems

The mechanic who changed it was right about it being disconnected but now that it IS connected and I still have the rapid upshift symptom, ATSG points to the governor pressure being too high

I posted the other day asking about how to check that pressure, I dk if it's even possible

This weekend I'm going to go over everything again from linkage to modulator pressure and vac, see what I can see
checking is possible, the port is on the same side of the transmission that has the bowden cable, the test pressures are about 1/2 to 3/4 driving speed in mph.

meaning 30 mph would be between 15 and 20 psi. I dont get how the governor can fail with increased pressure, I have seen the exact opposite, I have seen a governor gear completely sheared off, but that was a toyota RWD auto.

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)