View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 02:20 PM

I'm afraid I have to agree with Josh. The car is in good condition and the mileage is certainly its most excelent feature, but leaking oil, cracked dash, dented door and nearly bone stock (K&N doesn't count, but the lights are nice) don't spell thousands above high book I'm afraid. Although recent maintenance is nice to see, you'll be lucky to find a buyer who's willing to pay you for it. Ask yourself what the car would be worth without a working transmission? I'm speaking from experience here. Two weeks ago I sold my 1980 450SL (needed a place to put my new 540i )which had a completely redone interior, AMG wheels, Euro bumpers, a full system with two AMPs and 10" subs, new paint and soft top and a two year old tranny for $10,000 and given the present used car market I was lucky to get it. My mileage was certainly much higher and location may have something to do with it as well, but at 18.2 you should probably be prepared to have it sit on the market for a while. In any case, I wish you the best of luck.

'87 MB 560SL - 45K
'80 MB 450SL - 180K (Sold )
The rest: '83 BMW 533i - 286K, '04 Ford F150 - 7K, '99 Yamaha YZF-R1 - 10K