View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoodidabop View Post
NOO! That's not what I wanted to hear! Just say, "Hey, no big deal! Just turn that screw next to the headlight switch 2 times and sprinkle some glitter on the radiator" or something!!

Now where the devil is that airflow position sensor? EDIT: my lizard-brain forgot that I knew what this was. Awesome. Thanks lizard-brain.

Anyway is adjusting it difficult? It does look a little cruddy... I wonder if a cleaning would help?
There is NO IDLE ADJUSTMENT on the constant injection system (I'm pretty sure) you have. Idle speed is controlled by the system, as, indeed, are we all!!!

Others have made some good suggestions but you must make sure of some basics:

Good HT components: plugs, leads, rotor, cap. All MB original or Bosch/Beru. NO CHEAPO RUBBISH.

No vacuum leaks in the inlet - this is a 'must have' condition. If you have vacuum leaks, all other adjustments are a waste of effort.

Check the fuel mixture using a Duty Cycle meter ($40-ish? over there). Set it to 50%. Loads of advice on this on the boards.

Make sure your fuel filter and air filter are good.

Start with the cheap things before you start worrying about metering units, injectors and other costly stuff.

OVP relays can cause grief - another cheap and easy fix.

Bonne chance.

RayH

PS: Oh, I just noticed. You've replaced the plugs. I hope you got the cheap, copper ones from Bosch, Beru or NGK. Don't buy platinum ones and certainly not ones with resistors. Again, loads of advice on this here and elsewhere.