View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered Slacker

Perhaps they are good on older MB, or else they've gone downhill, but I stumbled across this post at BW today. Karburn's review above is pictured in the BW thread, which is how I found this one:

Quote:
Not good news Re. Morrie shop Indy

Some while after the a/c job by this indy, I got under my car and realized that the large engine shroud was missing. Since it has four bolts that hold it on, and all four bolts were gone, seemed clear that it was never reinstalled. I went back to the indy and after some talking, he admitted that he did not put the shroud back on. We walked into the back of his greasy shop, and, surprisingly, he had a stack of about 6 of these large shrouds. Seems his policy is to not reinstall the shroud. I asked him to reinstall the shroud, and picked up my vehicle later that day. At home, I got under the car to check to check on it, and saw that he had reinstalled the shroud with self tapping screws, drilling holes into the undercarriage. Went back to the shop and asked him why he would drill holes in my car. He stated, "You don't know anything about Mercedes.". I insisted that he return my hardware--the correct bolts with the affixed fender washer. After some scrounging, he came up with the bolts, and I left the shop.

Similarly, later learned that he used regular antifreeze, not Zerex. I will be remedying this also.

Sorry that this did not have a happy ending.