View Single Post
Old 04-21-2000, 02:21 PM
MB Shop Retiree

I agree. I had a door lock problem on the passenger front side. I went their and they replaced it in 2 hours. I haven't had any other problems, and this comming Mother's Day, it will be a year old. We have 2500 miles on it. I love the ML430, and we were going to get one in october of 98, then found out that the pricing difference wasn't much for the V8, so we waited. We arranged it as a surprise for my Mother on Mother's Day and she cried. Me and my dad had told her that we are getting for my Dad's B-Day which is June 1st. But she was fooled.

We considered the 4runner and the RX300 as well as the Navigator and QX4. None can compare. Even though the QX4 was nice, It was really the only closest thing to the MB. The RX300 was all car like, and didn't even have functions a normal 4x4 would. The MB's is the most advanced, with a low range and ESP. The 4runner was a nice alternative, but it was too truck like. And the navigator was just to big.

I love the ML and wouldn't get another car if I were given the cance, except for maybe the X5, but only maybe. The only reason I say that is that the build would probably be a lot tighter on the X5 then the ML. However, the $10 cost over an ML430 just doesn't make sense to me. That is why I would get an ML over an X5. Even though the 3.0 X5 should start at about $40, I could get an ML430 for a little more.

All around, the ML makes best sense.

As for recalls. I would take the VIN number to your dealer, and they would be able to lookup the entire profile of the car. After that, let them inspect it, and have them try and transfer the warranty over to your name.

Good Luck.

------------------
Chirag (Charlie) Patel

- 99 Mercedes-Benx ML 430 V8 w/custom TV, Video, UHF, speaker system
- 93 190E 2.6 (4-sale) w/ an amp, equalizer, and CD-changer, integrated w. stock stereo for integrated cellular phone speaker system
- had a 93 190E m103 3.2, 5-speed trans,
- had a 88 300E 2.6
- had a 84 300TD w/275k+ miles
- 2001 C-Class - Maybe (if 190E sells)