View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM

Sacrificial D-Jet Dizzy?

Hello- long time reader, recent poster here.
I am researching an alternative to the trigger points for D-Jet cars (I own 2) and I need a sacrificial dizzy for research and development. I am primarily interested in M116-M117 units due to the exorbitant cost of the trigger points from Bosch or Mercedes Benz, but I assume there are other makes and models that may be in a similar $$$ situation. I cannot promise that the end result will be any cheaper, but the whole point is that the end result will eliminate a very expensive wear item. The conversion will be designed to be visually undetectable.
What I require is a complete dizzy with trigger points. While the trigger points don't have to be new, or even work, they cannot be modified ("adjusted"); the base cannot be distorted. Also, the dizzy cannot have wobble. I can deal with shaft end play.
I am located near downtown Los Angeles, so ideally someone may have one close by.
As an incentive for someone who has a decent unit they are reluctant to part with, I can offer the finished tested product at my cost to them, with free installation, on the unit they provide. I will not be responsible for running issues related to other defective components, bad tuning, etc.
This may take awhile, up to a year or more even, and it may come to nothing, such is the case with experimentation. Nothing will be harmed or destroyed so the unit will be returned in same condition as received (well, maybe in better condition if I have to shim the end play).
Any interested parties please pm me.

Last edited by alfaking2000; 08-07-2012 at 02:52 AM.