View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Thanks! Well I was thinking AND hoping that the smaller connector was the power supply and disconnecting that one alone would do the trick either way! I really didnt want to cut that factory tie and have that box dangling around down there.

Yeah, I will have to investigate that water, I didnt even know it was there, we had never removed that panel before. I dont think its been leaking long, as the floor is still like new under there and not rusty. I would imagine if water had been in there for a very long time, it would be rusty and of course from the outside underneath either, as its like new under there still yet.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatt View Post
I sold my last W126 about 6 years ago, so I'm going from memory here....

I believe the small connector is the power/ground/etc connector. The larger one has the wires that go to door latch switches, trunk switch, etc. If you pull the small connector, you disable the entire system. No need to worry about the big connector as it just carries signals to/from the various locations.

Regarding the leak, has your windshield ever been replaced? A lot of times the seals leak (either through improper installation, or someone using an aftermarket rubber seal). The water then leaks into the car through the failed seal.

I would try taping a bunch of paper towels as high up the passenger floorboard as you can (get them right up against the metal) and then shut the car and hit the edges of the windshield with a garden hose on the highest 'jet' setting. Go all around the windshield edges, then open the car and see if there is any water on the paper towel.

It could be a battery leak, but it sounds like you have too much water for that.. Your battery would be too empty to start the car if it had leaked that much, in my opinion.