Thread: my 1986 560SEL
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Well a bunch of that wiring is not OE for the Becker... that blue/brown stuff should be for the factory alarm. Pull it all out and take a photograph for me. I will tell you want to remove and what to keep.

The jumped wire is to make the aux fan run all the time. Means it is probably masking a cooling system issue... rad old, dead fan clutch, etc The single pole on the temp switch is to cut the A/C compressor off at a certain temp. I have a spare red switch that turns all of that stuff on and off at a lower temp, PM me and you can have the thing.

Hesitation you are experiencing is probably due to vacuum leaks. Being that car is an '86, it is now exempt in Texas for emission testing. Just delete those miles of vacuum hose crap for the EGR, AIR injection, evaporative emission stuff, etc. Those just cause issues down the line. Chances are you are due for an intake reseal in your near future.

Any oil leaks? Those are vac leaks.

I am in Katy at times, as is another member here 'Redassag00' he too is due for a top end reseal. I am just finishing mine, not hard just quite time consuming to clean everything and delete all the garbage emission crap. Simply waiting for my woodruff keys and my top end is DONE.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]