View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsionbar View Post
unfortunately i don't think this quote is terribly useful, since the author didn't specify what additives he actually compared. we know he tried lucas, we know he tried 2-stroke oil, we know he tried atf, and we know he tried biodiesel. but that's it.

so his claim of "the only thing that worked" doesn't mean too much, since we have no idea what else he tried. there are a dozen off the shelf additives, and a dozen more that are mail-order or commercial bulk only.

all we know from this quote is that lucas and 2-stroke are both better than atf, at least when it comes to miles per gallon. and that biodiesel quiets the engine at idle.

anyone ought to guess that conclusion, since both lucas and 2-stroke are designed as fuel additives while atf is not. and everyone who's used bio has reported a quieter engine.

nothing new or insightful here.

this on the other hand is much more methodical and comprehensive.
I look at things differently. He said this is what worked for Him in his experience and gave examples. So, I feel that it does tell Me something.

Even the Spicer Addative Test for wear scar did not try every possible addative available.
Also more to the point I did not see ATF in the list of stuff tested.

If I had a choice of using ATF or 2 Stroke Oil I would rather use something that was made to burn cleanly in an Engine; and, the ATF is not made to do that.