View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 11:38 PM

Gillybenz quoted straight from the book - 6.35 qts. Pour in 6 quarts; then pour in 11 additional ounces from the 7th quart(that's the .35).

To each his own, but I sure wouldn't use a Fram oil filter on a Benz. The drain back valve on these filters is questionable and I wonder if the burst pressure is equivalent to an OEM filter. I pulled one off an '87 Accord a few years ago that had been mounted to a well-maintained motor(mine). The oil and filter had 1000 miles on it. I sawed the filter open and found what looked like thick mud. There was no resemblance to what once was paper filtering. There are alot of horror stories on the WEB about Fram oil filters. I believe them. The only reason(I think) that they are still alive is Wal-Mart. If Wal-Mart quit selling them, they'd fold.

Here are the names/filter numbers for OEM MB oil filters for an M103 SOHC engine:

Dealer filter - 102-184-01-01
Mahle-Knecht - OC-110
Mann - W719/13
Hengst - H14W06
Mike Murrell
1991 300-SEL - Model 126
M103 - SOHC

James Madison - Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.

Liberty Firearms Training - After years of trying to regulate California criminals with a never ending stream of gun control laws they have still not given up with the belief that if they make something a crime that criminals will miraculously start obeying the law.