Thread: San Antonio
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Is this the blue 240D at All Texas Foreign? I haven't seen the car, but I dealt with those guys about a month ago. Very friendly and very helpful. Their primary business is as a salvage yard. I was there because they were parting out a 380SEL and I picked up a few parts for my 300SEL.

They have a handful of used cars for sale. At the time I was there, they had a burgandy 300D for sale. It was in fair shape. The sunroof was leaking and the paint had a lot of light scratches. I think the dash was cracked also, but they were only asking $1700.

From the pictures of the 240D, it looks like the power antenna is stuck up (which is better than being stuck down). The left tailight is cracked. The right rear door has broken trim around the interior door handle. The show a really nasty picture of the dashboard and there's something wrong with the glovebox door too. The seats and carpet look like they are in really good condition. I wish the pictures were a better resolution to get a better idea about the paint.

Still, it's well worth considering at that price.
Mike Heath
1988 560SL Black/Palomino
1988 300SEL Black Pearl/Burgandy
1984 500SEC Anthracite Grey/Palomino