View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 AM

First stop was body shop

I asked the body shop to stretch and re-align the trunk so that it would close correctly. Looking up what parts may be involved, I suspected that the bumper shock needed to be replaced. Upon picking up the car, the body shop owner stated that the frame rail was extremely rusted and had been bent. I asked him about the bumper shock and he stated that it was fine. My original assessment was to remove the dents above the trim rail with a hammer & dolly. What you cannot see is that the trunk floor pan aft of the wheel arch which is welded to the fender is rusted and ripped also and beyond repair.
The plan was two fold. First was to remove the dent above the trim with a hammer & dolly. The other was to cut out the dented portion below the trim and replace with metal from a replacement panel.
My question is that although the dent can be made to look new, what other issues could it have caused to the unibody ?
Attached Thumbnails
My Car Broke and needs fixing-picture-003.jpg   My Car Broke and needs fixing-picture-002.jpg  

Last edited by steeleygreg; 09-02-2012 at 04:34 AM.