View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 10:51 AM
ahhbee78

i know there's a big difference between home audio and car audio, but im willing to bet that you can find a better system if you wanted to look outside of bose.

this is a touchy subject, but everything boils down to your personal preference. it doesnt matter how much you spend, how many people say that brand 'X' is better than brand 'Y'. if you like how something sounds, that's the right fit for you.

when i was looking for home speakers, i went into several shops and always came out feeling dissapointed that i couldnt afford a bose system. that is until i heard my current speakers... im not trying to plug a certain brand or anything, but if you go check out the fourms at www.klipsch.com and search for bose, you will find quite a bit of information about their approach to HOME speakers.

they may go at car audio from a totally different direction, but knowing what i do now know about bose would make me think twice about asking for one of their systems in my car... that being said, i have been in several cars with bose systems and they do sound decent.

if the car i was looking at to buy had a bose system, it wouldnt turn me off to the car, but i think a better system can be put together for less money than a bose set up.

dont know if i had anything of value to say, but i tried...

ab