View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 AM

Sorry for not replying. I have it working now. What I didn't understand originally was where the detonation occurred in the engine. I figured the glow plugs were where they are do heat the diesel up when its cold so I figured that it would be logical to assume that it would heat the WVO in that area too. I guess that's not the case. Since I posted this I did install a separate small underhood tank to put diesel fuel in so before I shut the car off I switch it to run on diesel for about 30 seconds and she fires right back up when cold on diesel. Then I switch it back over to WVO after she's been running a min or so. I have a heater set up to heat the WVO now before it enters the injection pump. I'm currently running it on about 80% wvo and 20% diesel and she purrs like a kitten. When diesel only is in it she has the usual clank sound at idle. When I switch it over it smooths right out in about 30 seconds or so. Hopefully this clears up what I was trying to explain when I started the post. Any other advice? Especially for when it starts getting cooler? Thanks again.