View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Achieving Salvation
My coolant light came on ('93 190e 2.6)

Hello friends:

1993 190e 2.6

It's been awhile since I have posted anything, and I hope that this finds you all doing well and that you had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

This morning, I went out to start my car to run an errand, and noticed that the orange low coolant light was illuminated. I popped the hood to look at the clear plastic container where the antifreeze is and everything looked OK.

As soon as I put the car into drive, the light went out and never came back on while I was driving. I got the car up to operating temperature (engine temp. was slightly above 80 deg c.).

When I returned, I checked the antifreeze level again, and it had risen to maybe 1/2 inch below the line in the coolant container, which is where it usually is when the engine is warm. I let it idle for about 5 minutes, and the light never came on and the engine temp. stayed where it normally is.

I had a death in the family and have to do a bit of driving on Sunday and Monday and want to be sure that everything sounds OK to you -- I thought it might have been the sensor that was a little off because it was so cold (In north Illinois it was 19 this morning). I don't know a whole lot about cars and get nervous when lights start coming on.

What do you all think?

Thanks for the help.

2005 W203
Running as fast as I can to stay behind!!