View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Fast Lane is Gone

Just noticed that Fast Lane is gone and the Pelican parts catalog is now up. Did some poking around in there, sure a different lay out looking for something. their tech articles only cover 1996 and newer, so doesn`t apply to us older Diesel owners, but all that was worked out before the Pelican showed up anyway. Just do a search on the forum, way more info there.

What cought my eye is the notice "Exciting things happening at Peach Parts" is gone.

I clicked on the New Parts Catalog, car on left looked like a W123, think is said E-Class? got me into what looked familar. OH 240D there are the Diesels. (there I said the word Diesel )
I noticed they have Dash Covers, so checked it out looking for one of the rugs, all they have is the plastic overlays in any color you want. forget that.

Looked at the Clutch link, Sachs for $149, about the same price , then Genuine, probably a chicom part, BMW $250 (I think it was) too rich for my blood. ya know how uppity those BMW guys are.

So what happens to Phill? they boot him out?

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works