View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Fold on dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidad at Peach Parts View Post
We may be changing the search option from class to chassis for anything pre 1994. After the early 90's MBZ stopped using Chassis and series and started using class as I'm sure your aware.

Trinidad,

Someone up there doesn't get it. So I'll spell it out.

Take this message back to the Pelicans:

1. Make it consistent
2. Make it right and simple
3. Next time, tell people in advance of a change
4. Next time, do it right the first time. The profit-motivated moguls should understand that doing something once saves money and customer appeal.
You don't need a marketing weenie to do surveys and collect cookies to provide " neo-regressive synergistic propedeutics on customer trends" , you just need to keep it simple, make it work well, deliver on your promises and you will beat the competition.

Voila tout ce qu'il faut.

If you don't do it, you will lose the customers' loyalty. When that happens, you will lose an entire market sector and you won't be able to stop that juggernaut. It will crush you if you get in front of it.

I gave up business consulting 11 years ago because I got tired of telling business owners that sometimes you have to invest a little to make a lot. They starved the prize cow, killed the goose that laid the golden egg. As they got swallowed up by others or went to bankruptcy court, I used to get calls about " Help me save my business."

Well, after the ship has a two-foot hole in the side, no amount of bailing will do the trick.

This is the last time I'm saying anything about this.

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6