Thread: Waste Motor Oil
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Most of the oil I collect is from a friend who owns a bus service faclity and another friend with auto service business at his house. the oil from the bus service is mostly from the bussed he service (15w-40) the shell brand.

I use to filter the oil down to 1 micron with filter bags, it seats for several day before I mix it with Regulan Unleaded Gas (RUG), after mixing it I let seat for several more days before it is pumped into the truck. The initial ration was 85% wmo and 15% RUG, got alittle black smoke. I am mixing it 80% to 20% now, at this ratio the smoke (gray) is minimal only when WOT. The water injection and HOD onboard plays a major role in the clean burning, the tail pipe does not look black, it is more gray and no black powder.

That's a photo of the tail pipe on my Ram, as you can see it is gray and no black powder. This truck has a tuner onboard, set at high ouput 150+ hp which is dumping a lot of fuel. Trucks with the same set up, their pipe is black and lots of the powder junk not to mention their fender and bumper are black as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Waste Motor Oil-100_2101.jpg