View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearPayload View Post
Might be a better idea to learn the fundamentals of an engine before trying to make a "race" anything.
Ummm - Nuke. You don't know who you're talking to. I have HUNDREDS of hours doing Diesel emissions dyno testing and other specialized dyno projects with IH DT466, Cummins ISB, and many other Diesel engines. I've had a number of Diesels apart down to the bare block and have re-blocked an ISB. I also built the dyno set-ups and instrumentation systems for these and many other Diesels.

I'll wager you don't know WHY EGR is fitted to Diesel engines and therefore why I was surprised to find this on an '84 model year Diesel. Believe me, I can bore you to tears explaining all this and more. Just for reference, I'm named on the patent for Diesel NoX adsorber regeneration using engine fuel instead of urea. Yep - been around the Diesel block a time or two.

I also hold the track record at the old Maxton ECTA Land Speed track in E/CPRO and always will as the old track's records are sealed. I sometimes hold the track record at the new ECTA track in Ohio in C/Diesel Truck with a Dodge/Cummins. I've been at this since I was a kid - in 1953 or so.

My questions are about THIS Diesel engine. MB consistently amazes me with unnecessary engineering and I don't know what their engineers had in mind with much of what I'm finding on this vehicle. That's why I'm asking "rookie" questions.

Dan