View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 02:16 PM
TobyWonKanobi

I like Siruis

I have Sirius and don't know if I could live without it! I got it in July of this year and have not listened to regular radio since. For me the 100% commercial free music and the style of programming/content on Sirius vs. Xm was worth the extra $2.00.

I've gone up and down the west coast from San Diego to Seattle and it was awesome having all those stations remaining the same through San fran... through the redwoods... etc.

I kept my stock Mercedes radio by tapping into the CD changer input in the trunk and used an auto switch to select CD or Sirius. Basically, when I want to hear Sirius I press CD on my radio and power up the Siruis tuner and that's it... if I want to hear CD I power down the Sirius tuner and the CD plays. I got the Jensen handheld unit, I like it's large display and blue/white backlight. I mounted it in the trunk, ran the controller cable up to the front, used the terk sat anntena, drilled a small 1/4" hole in the roof and ran the sat ant. wires into the trunk. That way it looks more like the stock Mercedes cell/Gps anntenna vs. the black tail come off it to hide the wires.

As for investing in something that may fail, XM does not have funding as of yet. Sirius has funding through 2004. The benefit is so great that even if it only lasted till next summer I would get it. It's worth not lisitening to commecials while driving home, it's worth hearing the music they don't play on the radio, it's worth listening to CNBC, Bloomberg, FOX tv shows on my way home from work or on the way to Vegas or where ever.

I can't say enough good things about my Sirius radio and I know that everyone will have one in 5 to 8 years. Just like cable Tv, you wouldn't go back to 5 or 6 stations that get snowy with rabbit ears!!!!