OK, the procedure was for the cluster with mechanical odometer. You have newer cluster and the procedure is different. Test steps and values are displayed in the odometer window.
To activate test mode start engine and then press small button in the center of clock adjusting knob (not the knob itself) for more then 5 seconds. The odometer display will show "---------". Within 5 seconds pull and turn clockwise clock knob. The first test displayed in the odometer window as "1 80". The trip odo window showes SE for the standard US fuel tank. To go to the next step pull and turn the knob again. There are same 9 steps as with the old cluster. The display will show test step number on the left and result on the right. Decimal point is represented by _.
1. Gas in the tank in liters 1 80
2. Momentary fuel consumption 2 3_4 is 3.4 liters per hour 2 is step number
3. Engine oil pressure in bar 3 2_0 means 2.0 bar step 3
4. Engine rpm 4 2200
5. Engine oil level 5 0 is OK, 5 1 not OK
6. Activation of the oil pressure, fuel consumption, and fuel tank gauges as well as speedometer and tachometer - needles in the first quarteer of the dial. Indicator 6 3_7 for step 6 and 3.7 kOhm outside temp sensor resistance.
7. Activation of the oil pressure, fuel consumption, and fuel tank gauges as well as speedometer and tachometer- needles in the second quarteer of the dial. Indicator 7 3_7 for step 7
8. Activation of the fuel consumption, and fuel tank gauges as well as speedometer and tachometer- needles in the third quarteer of the dial. Oil pressure gauge stays in the second quarter. Indicator 8 3_7 for step 8
9. Activation of the fuel tank gauge as well as speedometer and tachometer, needle in the fourth quarter of the dial, oil pressure remains in the second qurter, fuel consumption remains in the third quarter. Indicator 9 3_7 for step 9