View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
I assume you are in southern Ontario, Graham?

If so that is good news. There is a market for these cars there. Here in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, not so much.

That said, I have to agree that this isn't unreasonable rust for mid to eastern Canada, for a w123. The car is repairable.

Give yourself a bit more time to think about this. Be sure you won't be kicking yourself a few months later, if you do let it go.
Because welder has a backlog of work, I have been thinking about it while doing prep work, like removing fender liners, stripping floorpans etc. Problem with winter coming, I likely wouldn't be able to get at car after weld repairs until next Spring.

If I needed car to drive, I would go ahead with the repairs - If it cost, say $3000 with me putting in the finishing work, the car would likely be good for say another 5 years. But, if there is someone out there who has the ability and interest to repair the car, I would be happy to see it gone. Just can't see it going to the crushers!

I am in Kingston, so Eastern Ontario. I had three responses to my original Kijiji ad - I will give them a call first before re-advertising.