View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM

Need help making my first batch of Biodiesel!

OK, I picked up a brand new biodiesel possessor from a guy on Craig's list. It has a 220v heater and pump and dry wash tank which I am going to fill with oak planer shavings. I got a good source of WVO where they filter it every night and change it out every week, and filter it out before they pump it back into the 35lb. cubes. So I am gathering up all the other supplies I need and picked up a steel 55 gal. drum to put all the oil into for it to settle out any water. When I picked up the oil it was still warm, but after it sat for a few days it started to cloud up. I pored one cube thru a bed sheet to see just how clean it really is. I don't have any food chunks, but a thick fat sludge on the top of the sheet. My question is should I use all of this sludge as well and melt it down. or just throw it away? Also any hints you can give to make my first batch go easier would be a big help!
Thanks, Von
Attached Thumbnails
Need help making my first batch of Biodiesel!-bio1-jpg.jpg   Need help making my first batch of Biodiesel!-bio2.jpg   Need help making my first batch of Biodiesel!-wvo.jpg