View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 AM

I think I won't screw with the rack positioning circuit until i exhaust all other options

I tried to bench test the SOV last night and either it's shot or I'm not doing it right. I found directions onine that says pins 2 and 3 on the valve are for valve and 1 and 4 are for the fuel temp sensor. I hooked up 12 volts to pin 2-3 (from my batt charger) and got nothing, no click. Maybe I found my problem... although I'm sure it clicked before on the car. It's raining today but I will connect it back on the car to confirm.

If anyone has a used SOV available for sale let me know. I don't want to pay for a new one until I get the other issues on the car addressed. The body has serious rust behined the headlights, rocker panels, battery tray rear wheel wells and door bottoms. I bought a mig welder to play with over the winter. By the way, I am doing this for the challenge, most would scrap the vehicle.

I must say the Veg oil system made a mess of the motor, everything is coated and I think I'm going to find a lot of carbon when I get around to opening it up.