View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Thank you for the quick reply.

That was my SWAG (scientific wild as_ guess) because the alternator was the same so I assumed that other electrcial components would be BUT...

some parts on this thing (like the a/c heating controls) the books says belong in a 240D.

I usually bring the old part with me when I go to replace something but this time that is impractical.

I have been reading about the Rube Goldberg extension/universal joint/wobbly joint/allen wrench assembly necessary to remove the starter bolts and then the "turn the wheels all the way to the right to drop the starter down" and see that I am going to have my work cut out for me EVEN if/when I get the right replacement starter. I have concerns this may be the original starter in which case it may be REALLY challenging to get the bolts loose.

It is a hard thing to learn that the car your father left you when he died is NOT a gift of affection but rather (apparently) part of some euro/gypsy curse that is passed down through the male members of my family. I have heard of, "the sins of the Fathers being visited on the sons", I just never thought I would "be it".