View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Silver Eagle

What silver paint do I want.

My Benz is in pretty good shape body wise but there are a few areas that need to be freshened up. I was at autozone, they had a lot of silver spray touch ups available. My plan was to just keep buying them and see which matches the best. My wife mentioned, "why don't you ask your friends on the forum" so I will.

Here is what I found after removing the bubbling paint. I used a rotary brush on my angle grinder. It is very aggressive and even burned through in a couple of places that there wasn't any apparent hole.

I put on KBS systems base paint. I have used it in the past and it forms a real durable finish on the metal.

Before it cures hard we used epoxy and flox to fill it in. Actually my wife does this better than I do. Probably am going to use some spot putty and primer before painting.

The lower area had a lot of filler in it so this was not the first time a repair had been made.

I don't want to spend a lot of money so repainting the car is not in the cards. The finish is very nice over 95% of the body.

Which sprays have looked good and which have looked poor too. I have used some of these in the past and had pretty good results.
Iseki Diesel

In 2007 I didn't own a diesel.