View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM
good luck with that

Greg, lots of great ideas in your setup. Thanks for doing the detailed write-up. I like the idea of going to pick-a-part for the tank ($50) and heating it externally. I also like the idea of being able to see both fuel levels. I will try keeping my filter and FPHE under the hood, but I will wrap them with insulation.

I think what I need to do is go get the tank, run the coolant loop to it, and add some insulation to the lines, the filter, and the FPHE and then I should be good for moderate winter temps. I'll wrap the coolant lines with the fuel lines, to melt the gelled VO all along the path.

Here are a couple of questions. First, with your setup I'd be concerned that the VO was significantly cooler by the time it gets to your injectors. Do you have a temp gauge close to the injectors? Second, what is your switch-over temp, and how many miles does it take to reach it (in summer, and in winter)?

Has anyone experimented with higher-temp thermostats? Has anyone used heat from the exhaust system?

Last edited by Jack None; 11-12-2012 at 03:55 PM.