View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
you are under the wrong impression.
the low fluid light is the same as the light that lights up when the parking brake is on.
so, if you are low on fluid, but not below the minimum, hard acceleration could drop the fluid below the float trigger and light it up.
After posting, I went out and added some brake fluid. I thought the same thing about the fluid sloshing around. It turns out that you were right and I was low on fluid. The good part is that I found the cause. The bad part is that I have a leak in the system somewhere. I think it is time to rebuild the whole braking system in the next 6 months. The brakes are OK but I do get a pull to the left when braking and that sounds like a sticking caliper. It is cheaper to rebuild all the calipers than to replace them, so that is probably what I will do.

Suggestions on brake pad brands? I am looking at semi-metallic pads. Also, how terrible is it to have the rotors turned if they are still within the .765" or so spec? I know the left front rotor has a lip on the rim and that is probably not a good thing.
1983 300SD - Good interior. Engine finally tamed ~250K.
Monark Nozzle Install Video - http://tinyurl.com/ptd2tge