View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 PM

Long awaited: Pics of my father's 240D

240D and the shop Photos by oldskoolfan2 | Photobucket All of the pictures have descriptions of what is wrong but I wasn't able to photograph everything. This car has been sitting for a few years now and it shows. It has been sitting because the engine isn't running because the employee my dad lent the car to didn't take care of it. Quoted $1800 for the job, I'm really not sure what the problem is, I forgot to ask our mechanic. As you can tell, it needs to be repainted. As far as we know, the rust is only on the surface of those panels and there is no rust on the structure of the vehicle. Things I couldn't show in the pictures:
Visor with mirror on driver side (probably also on passenger side) is falling apart and needs to be replaced.
Door cards look decent and headliner looks decent
Carpets are nasty, may need to be replaced
Furthest driver side vent is broken
I didn't open the hood, there wasn't much light as the sun was going down and I didn't have the time.
There is probably more stuff I am currently forgetting about. My dad is probably going to have the car repaired then a basic restoration to have to look nicer.