View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Cacth Up

Yesterday, I tried to see if the shut off was the problem (jiggled it and looked at what was external-I know this isn't enough to know). I didn't take everything off (but I will if people still think this is the issue, but I removed the IP pressure relief valve (I think, see pics) and cleaned it. I also primed the hand primer with the line from the spin on filter to the IP off. I put it back together and cranked. Fuel came out of the 5 holes atop the IP. So, I put the hard lines back on, and it ran again! But then, it died when reving. I think lots of air was getting in/a line was leaking because I a lot of bubbles in the clear line. I called it a night, because it was dark and cold.

Today, I believe I located the cause of air getting in and replaced the line with a pinhole in it (it was the small return line from the first injector to the top of the spin on filter). The engine seemed to run and not create bubbles in my clear line, but would sitll die when reved (also, at one point, NOTHING was coming out of the return line I had going into my coffee can). As it was suggested that my spin on filter might be in trouble, I dumped it. It was nasty (some small chunks and some brown). So I bought a new one. I put it on and got then engine to start, but then it died. Any thoughts on why the return line stopped returning? It was doing great for a minute or two. I will continue to tinker tomorrow, but I am very confused. I am thinking there is either a clog somewhere or the lift pump may be sluggish (can this happen?). Any input is appreciated, but I think the IP is fine.

Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
IP Issue? (please help)-i-cranked-like-some-fuel-came-out.jpg   IP Issue? (please help)-i-tried-looking-hole....jpg   IP Issue? (please help)-pressure-relief-valve.jpg   IP Issue? (please help)-where-thing-i-think-pressure-relief-valve-sits.jpg