View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie View Post
I pretty much give up on this one...I'm not getting any fuel out of the injector lines. the car ran great and suddenly one day would not start. Not even a sputter. Not a gradual starting problem but it went from perfect starting to nothing in an instant.

I think the injection pump has completely failed internally or something has sheared or broken.

The lift pump appearsto work and fuel comes out the fuel lines going to the IP. But no fuel seems to return from the IP or come out the injector lines.

The vacuum controlled fuel shut off mechanisim has been disconnected and then removed..not any help...it tests good anyway.

I removed the ALDA thing on top at someone's suggestion but not sure what I'm looking for.

How much fuel should the lift pump move? I guess maybe it's possible its not moving enought to supply the IP???

might be selling a "project wagon" soon if I can't get it running.

I need a schematic of the IP to see how it works.
If no Fuel is coming out of the IP at the Pressure Relief/Overflow Valve the Fuel Supply/Lift Pump is unable to produce enough pressure to push Fuel through the Fuel Injection Pump Housing.

If you remove the Fuel Injection Pump Cover you can see the Fuel Rack; the Square Rod. That should be albe to move back and forth but is under Sprint tension in one direction.
All of the little Blocks that are on the Rack should stay tight on the Rack; don't loosen them.
As the Engine Rotates the parts in side with the springs should go up and down. Those are the Element Retun Springs.
If those parts are going up and down and not stuck upwards and you move the Fuel Rack in different positions while cranking the Engine Fuel should come out of them. (loosen the Fuel Injection Lines at the Fuel Injection Pump to see if Fuel is coming out. Keep you Face and Fingers away from that area while cranking.)

No Fuel to Front Injector - Is IP shot?

See the Pic. If you remove the Sid Cover you can access
Attached Thumbnails
603 injection pump failure ?-fuel-i-jection-pump-cover-off-nov-12.jpg