View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 AM

I think I figured out the glue issue, but in re-examining the rubber diaphragm in the fresh air/recirculating pod, I noticed a tear. I have ordered replacements from George Murphy.

I talked with the PO and this was his email response to my question about the air flow and vents issue:

"The vent problems all started when I put the blower motor back in after I replaced the brushes. I followed the directions in the Mercedesource.com repair manual to replace those brushes. It's always possible that I reinstalled the motor backwards and the air is blowing against the housing instead of out of the vents. That's the first thing I considered, but I thought the housing would only go in one way because of the way the bolts were placed. It's not too much trouble to drop it out and that might be a simple explanation for why no air is circulating."

Anyone help here? I'm still at a lost...the clicking noise in the center vents is constant - except when idling and tonight, I noticed that it stops when in EC AND heat. Turn the temp dial cooler and the clicking starts up again - driving me nuts!

I just have no significant air flow from anywhere...

ryan

1984 300D
1972 250
1986 560SL
1991 300CE