View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 AM

First off, I would go in and do a Valve adjustment very first thing. While in there I would check the timing chain stretch, and correct it if there is any, then, drip timing the IP would be next. Then upon putting it back together, I would verify that the linkages are adjusted correctly. I would then clean out the banjo bolt, and related tube. THEN, I would have this injectors pop tested and repaired if need be.

AFTER I knew all that was correct, I would recheck and enjoy the power acceleration the car has at that point and then decide if anything else need to really be done.

Thing is, all the above con be done extremely cheap, and in a hour or so of work. Maybe 2 if it's your first time. (except for of course sending out the injectors)

Basically, fix the issue causing the problem instead of looking for a way to bandaid it and cause yet another issue. Having driven a brand new om617 engine, I know how powerful they really can be when tuned correctly. Most of us are only use to the tired, old, abused engines puffing around and think this is the norm.