View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tram View Post
Welcome aboard, Adriel. As to the block off kit, etc. ... this car runs perfectly and always has, so if I were you I'd stop looking for problems and DON'T mess with success. Get the parts but keep them in reserve in case you ever do have issues. When you get the car, even the oil will be fresh; just drive it and enjoy it. That's an order!

Now, onto the window switch issue- this is why I've always bought either new MB or NOS parts whenever possible. These window switches seem to be no longer available at the moment, unfortunately. It's the same old thing we've been running into with our VW Type 3s and "new" aftermarket parts... but at least MB supports their older models FAR better than VW!
Georg, well I will at least run a test to see if disabling the AVR stops the wine. I only found it by accident. The Federals didn't have it, so don't see how it hurt running a few miles.

I am still thinking tomorrow. I plan to have the Mercedes a long time, so just thinking way in the future.

I will just drive and enjoy, when you are done. Still haven't gotten a reply, but don't expect one.

So, do you need replacement switches for the '82? Just want to be sure things are taken care of.