View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM

I love this site as well. There are lots of knowledgeable people here willing to share information. I try to give back what little I can to keep the good deeds going. Owning an older MB is not cheap but it is better than a car payment for something less reliable. I think of the cost it takes to get my car back to original condition to be my car payment. The difference is that after a year or two, the car is done.

I sold to my mom my 2003 Nissan Sentra on a very affordable payment plan and within a year, I had to pay $1500 to replace the head gasket. I bought the car from the dealer in 2006 and always had dealer maintenance done for EVERYTHING until I sold it to her in Dec of 2011.

Some friends and I went on a 750 mile trip to Galveston this fall and we took my 300SD. We would have taken my buddy's 2006 Lexus but he had a differential seal leak and it was not drivable for that distance. Everyone thought that an old POS car could not make the trip. I got lots of flack for having an old car that could never make the trip. Three days later, we arrived back in Dallas without a single issue. Not to mention the compliments I got for ride comfort, passenger space and reliability. They don't make cars like this anymore.

I buy all the parts I can from PP. The only time I don't is if I can't find the brand or part or if the price difference is significant. Sometimes, I find that PP has a better price or brand. I have spent hundreds, if not more, buying from PP and I plan to keep buying from them.
1983 300SD - Good interior. Engine finally tamed ~250K.
Monark Nozzle Install Video - http://tinyurl.com/ptd2tge