Thread: 1983 300D
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2000, 11:06 AM

Thanks for all your good tips!!
Re. instrument lights, PO of my 81 300D or someone had turned them "OFF". As with other things on the car, PO may not have known anything about it.

Re. idle adjuster, I certainly don't mean to seem argumentative, but my 81 300D, built in Dec, 80, has the adjuster knob in the usual location on the instrument panel and the cable going to the throttle assembly at top of engine. The adjuster assembly is not working now because the cable sheath is severed (pulled apart) at the mounting bracket near the throttle assembly, and the knob and cable are "jammed" - will not move with normal hand/finger force, but the entire adjuster assembly is in place. Cable is attached to throttle assembly in normal manner - just like I remember on the 240D, though it has been almost 5 years since I saw it last. PO may have never used it - knob looks like it has never been touched - PO probably never knew about it. If this is not idle adjuster assembly, what is it? 'Sure looks like same assembly owner's manual calls "idle adjuster".

How many miles on daughter's recently purchased 300D? How's it doing? How's she lking it?

Wilton Strickland
Goldsboro, NC
91 350 SDL. 81 300D