View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 AM

I always like the C230 non-supercharged also, yeah you might have a time finding one, was only made, what, 96-98 I think? The Kompressor models aren't bad little cars, but I htought it is a nice docile car without it and don't have to worry about the extra stuff.
Any number of things can happen to the M104 if not properly taken care of, the same can be said for the M111 as well. There are known problems with earlier M104 SFI cars with the wiring harness on the engine but I believe my this time MB knew about it and had changed the wiring harness materiels.
They are kind of known for both oil leaks at the front cylinder head cover and also the head gasket.
Not sure which of these have the 722.6 trans. You do read a lot about these transmissions. I would not avoid one over the other due to the transmission, but just throwing it out there, the 98 probably is a 722.6, the earlier one might not, if you need to know I can find out for you.
The 98 I believe has the smartkey as well, which I kind of like over a blade key, can be a hassle if something goes wrong though.
If I had a choice I'd definitely do a C230 over a M104 C280, just my opinion. Again the non-Kompressor C230 would be really high on my list if I were going to get a MB. I worked in a dealership in this time and have never owned an MB, but this would be the one I would look for if I were looking.