View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 AM

hot slipping clutch

boys, there was a lot of time that passed.
Did you ever fix the hose to the reservoir?
I see it available from a German car dealer online where i live. and after all this time, did you resolve the issue? those parts are all available that you have considered throughout these threads. i just cant help wondering what keeps you from performing the inspections of the parts in question. and also, taking measurements, using an inspection mirror, flashlight, and comparing it to another car. if i couldn't learn the answer at the wr yard, i would at least have some inexpensive (diagnoser ) parts to take home. then, theres working units sitting on car lots, and driven by techs, at your selling dealer. if they wont help i would ask a stranger. what i can offer you is two anecdotes of pressure build. i saw a pickup truck that was having hot brakes caused by the pushrod clip. the last person to assemble had a clip that sheared a piece trapped. that small shard was keeping the mc piston from returning, blocking the compensating port. unexplainable with logic. it had to enter when the pedal was pushed and just dropped in. but how could it get in that position? blown by an airhose from another work station in the same shop? fallen in during a bench bleed procedure? the second was a design issue of lightweight economy cars. a weak shake brace design resulted in a whole line of vehicles that had pedal linkage attatched to weak metal. hard application led to brake drag. you gotta inspect, measure and compare, that is the diagnostic steps we refuse to pay for and seldom receive as a result. if you get wind of this story, let me know what did fix it. please

:EDTI for readability:
Boy, there was a lot of time that passed.
Did you ever fix the hose to the reservoir?
I see it available from a German car dealer online where I live.
After all this time, did you resolve the issue?
Those parts are all available that you have considered throughout these threads.
I just can’t help wondering what keeps you from performing the inspections of the parts in question, and also, taking measurements, using an inspection mirror, flashlight, and comparing it to another car.
If I couldn't learn the answer at the wrecking yard, I would at least have some inexpensive (diagnoses) parts to take home, then, there’s working units sitting on car lots, and driven by techs, at your selling dealer.
If they won’t help I would ask a stranger.

What I can offer you are two anecdotes of pressure build.

I saw a pickup truck that was having hot brakes caused by the pushrod clip.
The last person to assemble it had a clip break trapping a small shard, keeping the master cylinder piston from returning, and blocking the compensating port.
Unexplainable with logic, it had to enter when the pedal was pushed and just dropped in.
But how could it get in that position?
Blown by an air hose from another workstation in the same shop?
Fallen in during a bench bleed procedure?

The second was a design issue of lightweight economy cars.
A weak shake brace design resulted in a whole line of vehicles that had pedal linkage attached to weak metal.
Hard application led to brake drag.
You need to inspect, measure and compare, that is the diagnostic steps we refuse to pay for and seldom receive as a result.
If you get wind of this story, let me know what did fix it.
Please.
:EDTI for readability:

Last edited by whunter; 12-13-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: readability