View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Moderating, Eh?
It's too true! I rarely witness Canadians publicly rallying or speaking out. When we do though, it's full tilt.

The last time I saw it was when Canada won the men's gold for hockey in the past Olympics - remember?

When Sakic scored the last goal and the game ended, I opened my backyard door and yelled at the top of my lungs in joy. There were a couple of furtive, silent seconds where I heard nothing but the hum of traffic...but answering yell came from somewhere down my street, and then another and another. The whole street was yelling. I smiled, closed the door and went back about my business. It was a great feeling. It's funny how sometimes banal events (like a hockey game) can transcend into something much bigger...

Although if you want to see us foaming at the mouth, just ask about the state of healthcare...
2007 E550 4Matic - 61,000 Km - Iridium Silver, black leather, Sport package, Premium 2 package
2007 GL450 4Matic - 62,000 Km - Obsidian Black Metallic, black leather, all options
1998 E430 - sold
1989 300E - 333,000 Km - sold
1977 280E - sold
1971 250 - retired

"And a frign hat. They gave me a hat at the annual benefits meeting. I said. how does this benefit me. I dont have anything from the company.. So they gave me a hat." - TheDon