View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:24 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

... ahh, the additional info makes more sense still.
no. the alda being out will not affect transmission, except your pedal foot no longer needs to be pressed as hard to get the car moving. this causes the transmission to shift earlier than you intend because it thinks you are coasting.
If bowden adjustment makes little to no difference, then it may be damaged, or disconnected in the pan.

the bowden senses how hard you are pressing on the pedal, and holds gears longer when floored/heavily accelerating, and shifts rapidly if the pedal is barely pressed.
so.
tightening the bowden will keep the lower gears engaged longer and prevent rapid shifts.
HOWEVER, if you have it tight, and you barely step on the pedal to get going, because your alda is out, and the car moves so well at part throttle, or if you floor it, you get a huge cloud of black smoke... then the transmission is doing what it's supposed to. it's upshifting based on your throttle position.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!