View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 PM

Fuel Pump

I have been running grease since 2000 and I find that converting a car to run on grease is the easy part. "The Grease" is the hard part. Collecting storing and filtering are the hard parts. If you are running a blend you have to filter it and blend it and from your last post you have to modify the car anyway. My CDI heats up the whole system in 5 minutes. And flush time is 10 seconds. I can leave it in grease mode for an hour and still be fine. It was $1200 give or take a little to convert mine most of that was in the $500 Raw Power fuel pump. $300 for the 36 gallon tank. $200 in fittings and hoses. $200 for switches, valves and filterhead and filter.

It might work as a blend system but, If you blow up the factory fuel pump it is $800 atleast to replace it. I would recommend injection line heaters, two that is. One for the injector lines and one for the common rail which is a huge heat sink.

If you blow up the engine you will have to sell two 99 mb to pay for it.

The trip gauge is for the most part right on. I checked it a few times before I was running SVO. When I took the long trip I knew how much grease I had to start with and how much diesel I used and it was right on the calculation at 37 mpg. It really is an impressive car. I wish it had the Sat Radio it just has a button that says SAT.

Last edited by grease lightnig; 12-28-2012 at 07:05 AM.