Thread: Serpentine Belt
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2000, 08:38 AM
Ari

I had a post on another website and wanted to share some of the replies. It is kind of funny that across the US, there are several people doing the exact same repair as me, right now.
Thank you to everyone for continuing to educate all of us!!!
Here are the replies:

Anyone that can inform me of how to change the belt, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Re: How to change sepentine belt on 1991 300D 2.5
Usually you crank the nut with your socket wrench to release the tension on the serpentine belt. This is as generic as I can get with your generic question.

Thanks!

Ari, If you release tension on the spring holding the tensioner up (put the lug wrench handle into the hole on the plastic piece that the tensioner spring clips over - unscrew the nut that goes through the plastic piece and the head - and applying tension pull the bolt clear - then lower the plastic piece with the lug wrench 'til the spring is "limp") then you can relieve tension on the belt and remove it - putting the new one on is the reverse - sort of a Chinese puzzle, but it CAN be done.

I am going to give this a try in abou 1/2 hour, so I get get to the bottom bolt on the shock tentioner.