View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbolil View Post
You guys seem to have a huge bias against Japanese cars. There resales values are very high lus they stay on the road easily to 200,000 miles. a 1995-1998 will still fetch at least $2800

What I am concerned is that at 80K-100K the CDI will start to be needing parts replaced, while the newer Japanese wont have any issues for at least a few years.

We all know the ride will be better in the Mercedes. I used to say that the diesels get so much better fuel mileage than the gas engines but that cant be said anymore.

The new Altima gets 38 mpg on the highway, about the same with the cdi but then again the price of diesel is now $.35 to $/50 more a gallon not including all the additives.

I guess what I am saying is that the reasons I switched to diesels 4 years ago are no longer as valid as they once were.

Dont know what Altima you are driving but my 2010 Altima 2.5S sedan can only afford 22 to a max of 24 in real world mileage - The dealer has been in the car with his "consult" system hooked up and logged some data - everything was perfect according to them.

my MB is dead on at 30 mpg - 600 miles on the odo when the triangle lights up and I fill in 19 gallons. If I do an all highway trip and somehow keep myself from breaching the speed limit I have gone 700 miles on the same tank.

surely I would not like to tackle snow and sleet with this car as it can get "ahem" funny in those circumstances.

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)