View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Not so amused

By all means check the compression but at this point I think you need to be engine shopping. If the pump and lift pump were that bad, I seriously doubt the rings have any hope.

If I remember correctly, you said it was parked for a month. I wonder if that put the rings over the edge. When the car was in regular use, the heat was keeping them minimally serviceable. Once it was parked, the accumulated, partly-burned WVO sediment simply hardened into place. I'll throw that out as a theory, in any case.

Eight or ten years ago, this stuff was new (to North America, anyway) and lots of people got bad advice and condemned their motor or IP or both to an early death, but with good intentions.

There is zero excuse, nor any financial payback from "free" fuel, to justify destroying a car like that, with all the solid WVO info now available on the Net.

To run unheated WVO is a chance some people do take in warmer climates - that is one thing. But running unfiltered WVO, unheated, is just plain braindead.

The PO gets an honourary membership in the WVO Jackass Hall of Fame.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22