View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
PNP 50% sale Jan 18 - 21

I forgot to post this a few days ago, but PNP is having another 50% off sale Friday the 18th to Monday the 21st.

Having the Tool Kit Rewards card I got in a day earlier.
Yesterday I pulled a Turbo off a 81 300SD and Oil Line. this Turbo has almost no up and down play, none forward to rear.

I wanted the pass seat. It is the older style (Tuck N Roll) and black. someone removed the 2 front bolts and then pushed the seat back so it was sticking up. Guess they thought they could get to the rear bolts this way. I pulled the plug and with a battery, the only controls that worked were the up and down and the back rest tilt, but wouldn`t come back up. Damn, had good covers too. OH Well.

Pulled a Lift pump off a 85 300D and the VCV.

I needed to replace the headlight on the 240 a month or so back, and O`Rilleys wanted $25 for one. so looking through my crap found one out in the barn.

On my way out pulled 3, one off a 280Z and 2 off something that has the head lights that tilt up from the hood. they drop into the hood when turned off.

Then found 2 on another 280Z that are flat face Hellas (made in Germany) that take the H-4 bulbs.

I then headed over to the north yard to check out the inventory. get to the front door, and they just closed. waited until someone came out and I slipped in went past the workers ( they were busy check out the long line of people) and made a quick round through the Euro section. one old badly rusted POS 82 300TD, cloth seats, engine gone. notice it has Progressive springs. thought about the front Tortion Bar, but seeing the blistery rust on the center of the bar, I could imagine what the ends looked like.

A 123 280E, brown with green stuff growing on it, yuk. a 126 Euro 350 or 380SE, cloth seats and manual CC. and one old gasser 116.

There was a guy struggling to push one of the Engine Hoists between the row of cars with an eng swinging on it. so gave him a hand getting it to the front. those things have a mind of their own wanting to go 4 directions at once.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works

Last edited by charmalu; 01-18-2013 at 01:25 PM.