View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Eh?

What are you doing to the rear suspension on a first generation W126 to change any of the settings? Isn't it the same set up as a W123?

(I thought so)

Are you fiddling about with after market trailing arm bushings or spring pads?

More information needed please!
Nothing was done to the rear that I know of except my installing shocks all around. Shocks were installed before the 1st alignment. I can't account for the change in rear settings.

I have recently installed a differential mount but that was after the alignment and not reflected in the specs listed above.

The car pulls right. My thinking is it needs more caster on the Right front. I don't know how much. Caster is not a wear setting and difference is acceptable &/or desired if stacked in the correct direction.

Camber pulls to the most positive but can wear so should be used judiciously. Front Camber is currently the same and therefore not affecting steer direction.

My understanding is that the rear is generally not adjustable unless special parts are installed. I'm thinking that rear bushings are likely worn and causing negative rear camber and perhaps the uneven rear toe. There is 166,000 mi on the odometer.

Oil change records indicate that odo was working although I had to knurl the odometer gear shaft.
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.