View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Even so I get the feeling that the biggest trouble you are having is believing in numbers - I can't tell for sure but it could very well be a case that the operator of the machine should RTFM.

You might be interested in this thread where it turns out that some of these fancy alignment machines need to be "swept" before they give the right number =>

1983 240D WHEEL ALIGNMENT (new purchase)

Sorry wrong terminology - you need to sweep the wheels - I don't know what that means. I do my own alignment and suspension adjustments.
Agreed on the RTFM. The pull to the right is not unexpected given the settings. I think I've confirmed that rear bushings need to be replaced when the weather improves. I'll do the front also just because then all will be new.

For now, I'll have them align it again and not give it back with obviously incorrect specs especially when it drives like the specs indicate. They did say that the machine is calibrated every 6 months.
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.