View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
NO, the TD I was working on is at the Moss Landing yard, and is dark blue.

I went back yesterday for the last day of the sale.
Pulled the third Row seats, Front Sway bar. Someone pulled the upper control arms, so that was nice of them to save me some work. thing came right out.
Dripped the Blower Motor and checked it with a battery, and it lifted me off the ground , dang it had some power. found two good Black Visors off a 2nd gen 126. One GP Relay off a 87 300SD and the one off the 85 300TD. One fuel filter housing with the #2 off another SD.
The door Actuators were all good , and two door checks from the TD also..

I was going to remove the SLS rear shocks from the TD, but that timey little 5mm Hex screw rounded off, on both of them. they are good one`s w/o any leakage. Looking in my w123 FSM, MB used a regular bolt head up to 82, then made the change to the Hex (Allen) head. what`s up with that?

The door weather strip on our 240 is pretty aged and ratty and need replacing, so until I can pony up with some $$$ for the good MB stuff, I pulled the seal off the 85TD across the top and down the edge. I can piece it in and RTV the ends. this should hold us over for a while.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works